Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Nyx. The Greek goddess of the night.
- Laika. The Soviet space dog that was the first living creature to orbit Earth in 1957.
- Ru. An English name.
- Gidget. The mascot Chihuahua of Taco Bell.
- Josie. A short version of the French name Josephine.
- Dewi. A Welsh dragon god.
- Sir Didymus. The critter from the movie “The Labyrinth”.
- Klaus. A German, Dutch and Scandinavian name.
- Gimli. Your favorite dwarf from “The Lord of the Rings”.
- Balto. The lead sled dog of Gunnar Kaasen and his dog sled team in the 1925 serum run to Nome.
- Owney. The stray dog that became the United States Postal Service’s mascot in 1888.
- Jelly Bean. Jughead Jones’ sister in the Archie comics. Also a popular candy.
- Beasley. The Dogue de Bordeaux that played Hooch in the movie “Turner and Hooch”.
- Maki. A type of sushi.
- Pongo. The Dalmatian dad in “101 Dalmatians”.