Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Meara. A fictional breed of wild horses known for their intelligence, speed and strength in “The Lord of the Rings” series.
- Leevy. Katniss Everdeen’s neighbor in “The Hunger Games” series.
- Arabella. One of two spiders that were sent into space in 1973 as part of an experiment to see how weightlessness would affect the their web building.
- Ikooko. The Yoruba word for “wolf”.
- Cheeka. A pug who appeared in the “You & I” advertising campaign of Hutchison Essar’s cellular service in India.
- Konjac. The common name of the Asian plant Amorphophallus konjac that has an edible corm, or bulbo-tuber.
- Timbal. A Brazilian membranophone instrument derived from the caxambu drum, usually played with both hands.
- Elroy. A French name meaning “the king”.
- Gomek. A huge saltwater crocodile from Papua New Guinea that was 17.8 feet long and weighed 1896 pounds!
- Mr. Mac. One of the penguins at the New Zealand Zoo that was voted Good Penguin of the Month in 2018 for “[calling] out to his blind girlfriend so she can find her burrow easily”.
- Derby. An annual horse race, founded in 1780 by the 12th Earl of Derby.
- Rinzu. A Japanese silk satin damask which was the preferred fabric for kimonos during the Edo period.
- Pinto. A color pattern defined by patches of white and another color. Also called “piebald”.
- Treble. Tones whose frequency or range is at the higher end of human hearing. In music, this corresponds to “high notes”.
- Buyo. The name of Kagome’s cat in the manga/ anime series “InuYasha”.