Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Leizi. Also known as Dianmu, Leizi is the Chinese goddess of lightning who used flashing mirrors to send lightning bolts across the sky.
- Porter. A type of beer that originated in London, England in the early 18th century. It got its names from its popularity amongst street and river porters.
- Fendi. An Italian luxury fashion house that was founded in Rome in 1925.
- Ronan. Saoirse Ronan is a 26-year-old Irish American actress who has received a Golden Globe Award and nominations for four Academy Awards and five British Academy Film Awards.
- Arcee. The only female autobot to appear on a regular basis in the "Transformers" world, first appearing in "The Transformers: The Movie".
- Pumbaa. The animated warthog in "The Lion King" movies, famously paired with his meerkat friend, Timon.
- Coltan. A dull black metallic ore from which are extracted the elements niobium and tantalum. "Coltan" is the shortened term for "columbite–tantalites".
- Grendel. The name of an Aye-Aye living at the Duke Lemur Center. Grendel became a first-time father in August of 2019 when his partner, Ardrey, had a baby named Melisandre.
- Tapio. A Finnish forest spirit or god in mythology, said to have a beard of lichen and eyebrows of moss.
- Zuko. The firebending prince and major character in the animated Nickelodean series "Avatar: The Last Airbender".
- Kidder. Alfred Vincent Kidder (1885-1963) was the foremost American archaeologist of the southwestern United States and Mesoamerica during the first half of the 20th century.
- Mungo. A type of bean closely related to the mung bean that grows in the Indian subcontinent.
- Bam. The name of a 685 meter (2,247 foot) stratovolcano in Papua New Guinea. It is one of the most active volanoes in Papua New Guinea and forms its own island, called Bam Island.
- Fuzzy Lumpkins. A pink fuzzy monster villain in the late 1990's/ early 2000's TV show "The Powerpuff Girls".
- Pierogi. A Polish dumpling made by wrapping unleavened dough around a filling, boiling it, then pan frying it in butter.