Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Poppy. A flowering plant in the subfamily Papaveroideae of the family Papaveraceae.
- Kaskara. A type of sword characteristic of Sudan, Chad, and Eritrea, developed in the 14th century.
- Momu. A minor Scottish goddess, who rules the land, specifically hillsides and mountains.
- Lucha. A smug bird character who appears in the video game "Animal Crossing: A New Leaf".
- Mei Mei. The name of one of two twin pandas born in China in 2018 that were the first ever panda twins born with a captive mother and wild father.
- Norberto. Norberto Esbrez was an Argentinian tango dancer, choreographer, and teacher who is also known as El Pulpo or octopus for his fluid and intricate leg moves.
- Toddy. Toddy Pond is a small pond in Antarctica whose name is inspired from a nautical beverage theme similar to Rum Pond and Tot Pond in its range.
- Carl the Gem ("Carl" for short). A character in the animated show "Adventure Time" who became a gem that can shoot lasers after landing in a volcano during a meteor shower.
- Peppo. An Italian Alley Cat in the Disney movie "The Aristocats."
- Topaz. A precious gem that is found in many colors due its allochromatic nature. This means that its colors are not caused by the chemical composition of the crystals, but by impurities such as chromium (which causes pink, red, and violet-to-purple colors).
- Lumi. The Albanian word for "river".
- Ditso. An exoplanet, otherwise known as WASP-17b. "Ditsö̀" was the name given to the first Bribri people by the god Sibö̀ in Talamancan mythology.
- Jujube. The common name for Ziziphus jujuba, otherwise known as "red date" or "Chinese date". It is a shrub with edible fruit that are eaten raw or dried.
- Rooney. An Irish surname meaning "son of Ruanaidh". Ruanaidh means "hero" or "champion".
- Bonito. The name of the Mexican painter Frida Kahlo's pet Amazon parrot.