Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Bunzi. The Woyo (Congolese) goddess of rain.
- Mabel. A name derived from the Latin “amabilis“, meaning “lovable” or “dear”.
- Belekoy. A pastry originating in the Phillipines made from flour, sugar, sesame seeds and vanilla.
- Nymeria. Arya Stark’s direwolf in the TV series “Game of Thrones”.
- Tansy. A yellow flower native to temperate Europe and Asia.
- Togo. The lead sled dog of Leonhard Seppala and his dog sled team in the 1925 serum run to Nome.
- Eugene. A name derived from the Greek “eugenēs”, meaning “noble”.
- Homer. The legendary author who wrote the Iliad and the Odyssey. Also the dad from “the Simpsons”.
- Roscoe. A Cornish name meaning “doe wood”.
- Biff. The name of the bully from the “Back to the Future” movie trilogy.
- Jofi. Sigmund Freud’s Chow Chow that would calm patients during his sessions.
- Higgins. The shelter-adopted dog actor that starred in the movie “Benji”.
- Ginko. A species of tree that has been found in fossils dating back to 270 millions year ago.
- Moblin. A goblin-like enemy that appears in many of the games in “The Legend of Zelda” series.
- Emmer. A type of wheat that was one of the first domesticated crops in the Near East.