Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Mitzi. A German name meaning "bitter".
- Chantico. The Aztec goddess of the family hearth that was turned into a dog by the creator god Tonacatecuhtli for breaking a fast.
- Noni. A tropical fruit-bearing tree in the coffee family.
- Velma. The orange-and-red clad, logic-driven member of the Scooby Doo gang.
- Zeuxine. A genus of tropical "verdant jewel orchids".
- Fenner. As a last name, it means "someone who lives in a low-lying, marshy area".
- Akela. The leader of the Seeonee pack of Indian wolves in Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book".
- Humphrey. The name of a humpback whale that entered the San Francisco Bay in both 1985 and 1990 during his migration from Mexico to Alaska.
- Lobo. The Spanish and Portuguese word for "wolf".
- Krypton. The 36th element on the periodic table and one of the rarest gases on earth. Also Superman's home planet.
- D'Artagnan (or just "Dart"). The name of Dustin's pollywog in the TV series "Stranger Things".
- Pepita. Another word for pumpkin seed.
- Ein. The name of the Pembroke Welsh Corgi in the anime series "Cowboy Bebop".
- Kombu. Edible kelp found around Japan.
- Flink. The Norwegian word for "good".