Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Chansey. The generation 1 normal-type Pokemon known as the “Egg Pokemon”.
- Moro. The goddess of wolves in the animated Studio Ghibli film “Princess Mononoke”.
- Roxie. A name to honor Roxie Laybourne, the founder of the scientific field of forensic ornithology.
- Kohara. The Polynesian goddess of tuna.
- Mrs. Puff. The name of the puffer fish driving instructor in the TV show “Spongebob Squarepants”.
- Jeronimo. The Portuguese and Spanish form of the name “Jerome”.
- Tanin. The Arabic word for “dragon”.
- Bertie. The name of the tortoise that holds the world record for greatest speed achieved by a tortoise– 0.28 m/s (0.92 ft/s).
- Kazan. The wolfdog in James Oliver Curwood’s book “Kazan”.
- Goddard. The name of Jimmy Neutron’s robot dog.
- Froskur. The Icelandic word for “frog”.
- Pingo. The term for a landform described as a mound of earth-covered ice.
- Kifli. A Slovakian/ Hungarian crescent-shaped pastry filled with sweet walnut or poppy paste.
- Babou. The name of the Spanish artist Salvador Dali’s pet ocelot.
- Puck. A nature sprite, fairy, or demon in English folklore.