Are you looking for a name for your new dog that’s a little different? A name that, when you call it at the dog park, won’t have 3 different pooches running up to you? Here is some inspiration if you just can’t quite come up with something unique on your own.
- Rizzo. The leader of the Pink Ladies in the musical "Grease".
- Khoeli. The Sesotho word for "moon".
- Flitter. A type of star firework that contains bright flashes of light in the trail.
- Perdita (Perdie for short). The name of the mother dalmatian in "101 Dalmatians".
- Rumi. A hard, bacterially ripened Egyptian cheese.
- Grundo. A species of alien-like Neopet native to Neopia's moon Kreludor.
- Teak. A tropical hardwood tree whose weather-resistant wood is often used to make ships and outdoor furniture.
- Zama. The name of the South African man that holds the world record for most consecutive back handsprings using only one hand. In case you were wondering, it's 34.
- Tycho. A crater on Earth's moon that was named after the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe.
- Pitter. The name of the American artist Norman Rockwell's dog.
- Kipuka. The term for a landform described as an area of land surrounded by one or more younger lava flows.
- Snuppy. The first cloned dog, an Afghan hound, that was born in 2005 and lived to be 10 years old.
- Appa. The name of Aang's sky bison in the TV show "Avatar: the Last Airbender".
- Budgie. The name of one of the two pitbull terrier singers of the dog-fronted band Caninus.
- Seco. A Peruvian/ Ecuadorian stewed meat plate.